Monday 8 March 2010

Edinburgh's largest wedding show

We were at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange wedding show at the weekend and had a great time! This is the largest wedding fair in the Scottish capitol with over 100 exhibitors, three fashion shows and more than 3,000 visitors. Our stand was right at the front next to the cat walk, which meant we were really busy all the way through the weekend, which was excellent!

I met literally hundreds of brides and grooms, and MOB’s too, all in the throes of planning their forthcoming weddings. We discussed just about every wedding topic imaginable from venue choice to colour schemes. Visitors come from all over Scotland to this show so it wasn’t just couples planning to marry in Edinburgh. In fact, I even got asked if I’d travel to Germany to photograph a wedding and another one in Hungary!

Of course, the majority of couples were looking for a wedding photographer in Edinburgh and it was nice that many of them were getting married at venues where I have very recently worked, so they were keen for any insider information I may have, lol. One bride that Diane and myself were talking to is getting married in St. Mary’s Cathedral and then back to the Apex hotel for the reception. You may recall from a previous blog a few months ago we photographed Katrina and Paul’s wedding at this Cathedral and then back to the Apex for the reception. By strange coincidence the bride we were chatting with at the wedding show is also called Katrina. Same name, same Cathedral, same hotel for reception! Not the same husband tho. Phew! lol

I was able to catch up with a few other wedding suppliers that I know, too, which is always nice at these events.
And also try out some of Jane’s new wedding cakes which she’d brought samples of for her companies stand, Sweet Unique. Jane’s the owner by the way so don’t worry, she wont get into any trouble for letting me taste the goods, lol. The trouble is it's very difficult giving an informed opinion on only one slice, so to make sure I did my job properly I had to have quite a few ;)

Anyway, as usual after a wedding fair I now have lots of information packs to send out and meetings to set up so I’m posting a few quick photos I managed grab during the show and then getting on the phone. Next wedding fair is March, 28th at Melville Castle. If you are looking for a wedding photographer in Scotland then Melville Castles main recommended photographer will be there to answer any questions and show you some exclusive, bespoke designed albums. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a great show. The dresses are a great resource for future brides .

    ReplyDelete