Tuesday 17 August 2010

Auchen Castle wedding - Kate and Dave

Auchen Castle is a romantic Scottish castle wedding venue located on the edge of Beattock not too far from Gretna. One of the advantages with being a wedding photographer in Edinburgh is I’m ideally placed for anywhere in Scotland and the North of England, and I love travelling!

Kate and Dave’s wedding was my first one at Auchen Castle so I was really looking forward it. We were booked to do 3 hours coverage commencing an hour before the ceremony, but we set off early as I wanted to spend a half hour or so having a good look around in preparation which allows me to work smoothly and quickly once the proceedings get underway, particularly with the formal photography and the main bride and groom session.

Most of my wedding packages are based upon how long the couple wish me to attend the wedding and then whichever album they choose to have, together with any other optional additions. This allows a good amount of flexibility for me to tailor specific packages perfectly for each couple, and also accommodate all budgets. For Kate and Dave we’d arranged to start an hour before the ceremony just as Kate was getting ready to get into her dress. This would allow us to get a few informal pre-wedding photographs and then some bridal portraits once she was ready. We also did some pre-ceremony photographs with Dave and bestman also his parents in-between.

I’d never met Kate and Dave before the wedding day. They both came up from Manchester and after deciding on Auchen Castle as their wedding venue they didn’t get opportunity to come back up to Scotland for a visit. They had found me on the internet and as I have several real life wedding galleries on my website which they had looked through they were more than happy to book me with just a phone call. A lot of couples coming up from England and else where to marry in Scotland don’t always get chance to meet up so it is always important for me to have plenty of recent weddings online for them to view so they can see the quality of my work.

Kate and Dave’s ceremony had been planned for outdoors on the elegant lawn right in front of the castle. Unfortunately, the weather didn’t play ball and it was moved inside at the last minute. No matter, everything went off wonderfully and by the time the ceremony was over it had stopped raining allowing us to do the group shots outside. However, it’s a good job I’m quick with them because within twenty minutes the rain started up again. We all ran indoors and we did the bride and groom session inside using one of the beautifully spacious bay windows and the fantastic staircase. We also got another ten minute break with the showers and nipped outside again to finish off.
Just for a change, instead of showing you some of there photographs I’ve posted some album page spreads. Two more weddings this week and three portrait sessions will keep me busy, together with the promotion of the Edinburgh Wedding Fair. If you want V.I.P. Catwalk show tickets ahead of the Forth One radio campaign just click the link then pre-register.

1 comment: